Tuesday, July 21, 2009

5 Marvelous Treats

1. We camped in the middle of a river at the base of a waterfall. It was like swiss family robinson, only low fi. All pools of water and trees and tents. I backpaddled under a waterfall.

2. Carlos stopped learning new songs to play on the guitar four years ago. This being the case, his only cover songs are mid ninties pop rock hits. My heart was filled with joy when he broke out in song to: "I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend". Oh yes.

3. On our way paddling up river to see the Tamul waterfall, we stopped at a ceanote, and I back paddled under a stalagmite. Stalagtite? It was glorious!!! I felt very Planet Earth like. There was even a small bat.

4. Xilitla. Surrealist ruins in the middle of the jungle. I climbed stairways into nothing and swam in a waterfall next to cement towers that twist and open.


5. Nopal cactus is delicious, and probably the most literal of the aformentioned treats.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I would have really liked camping on the island at the foot of the waterfall. One (of many) questions? Just what were you paddling? Do you have some kind of boat or were you paddling your own body under the waterfall?

Where next, Miss M?

Sarah said...

Wow, sounds pretty amazing and way better than the last entry. A mi me encantan nopales!!! Que vaya con Dios, o quien quieras. Hasta la.

Molly said...

It was so lovely! I back floated around. You would have loved Micos, I definately want to take my children there someday. Maybe you can come. :)Y si sara, todo mejorando ahora, gracias a quien sabe... ciao!