Friday, March 12, 2010

Leaving

Today is my last day formally with FSD, and my last normal day in Cochabamba. I´m trying to resist the urge to qualify and quantify my time here- trying not to question whether I did it right, what I should have done, all that... I´ve loved my jobs and been very lucky to do this kind of work, to be here. But it´s hard, hard to come, to stay, to leave. I think the hardest part is moving around so much, in general in my life, and never settling down to a point where everything is just easy and familiar. But there is huge payback, of course, in the form of thrills and beautiful strange things. I´m terrible at goodbyes, but as a lovely friend here pointed out to me today, it´s probably better than being good at them. I do know that I prefer being the person doing the leaving. I am taking away a bunch of fantastic songs, a shakira-boa towel, and a prowling jaguar blanket, among other material treats. I´m looking forward to traveling, though it´s slightly frightening as it stretches out in front of me. I´m ready to be going onwards.

Suerte a tod@s, besos,

m


No comments: