Friday, November 6, 2009

November Fifth

7:30 - wake up

8:30- walkin to work

9:30 - my office

10:30 - translating

11:30 - writing a grant. sometimes.

12:30 - headed home for lunch in the front seat of the trufi

1:30 - lunchtime

2:30 - headed to Santa Barbara

3:30

4:30 - women´s cooperative meeting

5:30 - we are way out of town

6:30 - back to the office

7:30 - headed to a Red Tinku meeting. ¨Work enslaves you, asshole!¨

8:30 - dinnertime

9:30 dirty feet and yoga

10:30 - in my friend´s car

11:30 - guitarists perform, folks dance

12:30

1:30


2:30 - lights out!


You can see what November 5th looked like all across the world for folks I know here. It might take a few days for everyone to get their photos up and posted, so make sure you check back later.

Also, my photos from this last month should be visible here, and you shouldn´t have to create an account to see them. But it is free to do, if it´s easier that way. Some folks have had trouble with the link in the email, so let me know if you want to see them and can´t, but don´t ever respond directly to those email invitations, as that email address is invalid.

I´ve been working a lot lately translating for a World Bank competition and starting a grant proposal, and spent the last two weekends traveling, first in the rain forests of Chapare, and then in the little mountain towns of Sucre and Potosi. All is well, and I´ll try to have something more to say soon. Cheers,
m

2 comments:

Sarah said...

interesting day in the life Ms. M. Thanks for the postcard! We're back, settling into a cold, grey blustery NW Fall after such a warm Spring in the south. We had quite a trip, and portuguese is different enough that I felt rather stymied trying to communicate in Brasil, asi es, tudo bem! When will you be back this way? Sounds like you've got some good work going on. Suerte y abrazos chica! Fuerza.

Molly said...

Hey Sarah! I loved your blog, can´t wait to hear more about the trip and see more pictures. When I come home in... July. Agora posso falar em Portuguese com voce! Sorte! Tell me if you had any favorite spots in Brazil, I´ll be there in May. Besos! Enjoy the Northwest for me
Molly